Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's Time for Socktoberfest!

October is a great month for knitting socks and Socktoberfest, a month-long celebration of socks, begins next week on October 1st. What is Socktoberfest? It is a festival for sock knitters, a month when sock knitters go all out! There is a Flickr group and a Ravelry Socktoberfest Board .

I love autumn although I'm not quite ready to let summer go. Luckily for me, the weather is still very summer like--clear skies, gentle breezes, and highs in the mid 70's to mid-80's. I still leave the doors and windows open and hear the birds singing all day. But yes, there are hints autumn is here. I've heard flocks of geese flying south, honking their good-byes. The leaves on my snowball bush are turning color. The breeze sometimes has a little bit of a chill in it. It's cooler at night and I've gotten out more quilts. Today I'm baking I baked oatmeal cookies.

Yes, it is now really beginning to feel like sock knitting weather is here, the time of year for domestic chores and small comforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment