Friday, July 10, 2009

More Stash Enhancement!

I've begun working on the second Hedgerow sock. It's the third pair for this month and it's a good thing too as I've recently purchased quite a bit of additional sock yarn.

I bought two 50 gms skeins of each of these three colorways of 100% superwash merino sock yarn from Sweet Georgia Yarns. As these are dyed to order, I thought I might have a long wait but they arrived in only a couple of weeks.

The first photo shows Boheme, the second River, and the third is Rust.






I also bought three more from Meg Warren, aka The March Hare on Etsy. The orange is Pumpkin Patch, which is 455 yards of fingering weight, 75/25 Superwash merino/nylon. I'm saving this one to knit in October. The red is 435 yards of fingering weight, 70/30 merino/silk blend, Scarlet Letter. I'm considering what pattern I may wish to save this one for. And the last one is Glacier Bay, 435 yards of true fingering weight 70/30 merino wool and silk.


This luscious 100% merino wool Koigu yarn, colorway 1125, bought at Fiber Nooks and Crannys, my LYS, at the same time as I bought the yarn for the Denali Wildflower Socks, will be used to make Raspberry Socks.

These two skeins of self-striping yarn tempted me and they too were purchased from an Etsy vendor. The first is Watermelon which I shall knit for August.

The second is a white/black/orange stripe which will be perfect to knit in October not only because of Halloween but as my school spirit socks. I work at the Oregon State University Library/Archives you see and OSU's colors are black and orange. The school mascot is a Beaver (this is Oregon after all)and I will name my socks Go Beavs!


And today some Regia sock yarn (color 4749) I'd ordered on Ebay arrived. And what possessed me to get this yarn? It was because I saw this photo and fell instantly in love. I have a lot of clothes which are blue and/or brown and thought I might actually wear these socks. Where they fit on my to-do list, however, I don't know.

Is there more? Oh dear, yes. I'll post photos when I've received them.

No comments:

Post a Comment