Thursday, July 2, 2009

Knitting When It's Hot


It's going to be in the mid 90's today, unusual for us in the mid-Willamette Valley of Oregon. Today I have time to knit and that's what I want to do. I've closed up the house, placed the fan so it's blowing the cool air on me, poured myself a glass of pink lemonade, and put on an opera CD. It's one of my favorites, La Traviata, and I have the volume on low so it's background music.

Ignore the photo of the Blueberry Hill sock I put in my last post. I've changed the pattern. Again. And now I'm working on a third pair of socks for July made of a lovely Koigu yarn (colorway: 211) I bought on Tuesday. I've named the socks Denali Wildflowers. The stitch pattern is a simple one. No sense making things more complicated.

Rnds 1-3: Knit
Rnd 4: YO, SSK
Rnd 5: Purl

No comments:

Post a Comment