Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Sock Books



I have two new sock books on hold at my public library and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

The first is Sock Innovation Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-of-a-kind Socks by Cookie A. It's scheduled to be available next month and will include fifteen sock patterns. I've also joined two related Ravelry groups: one is devoted just to the book (Makin' Cookie's) and the other is more general and includes her other patterns as well (Cookie's Knitalong). Cookie A.'s website can be found here and includes a preview of her book.

Her pattern for Pomatomus socks can be found on Knitty and I have them on my to-do list. Here are some photos on Flickr.

The second book is Knitting Socks With Handpainted Yarn by Carol Sulcoski. It was published last January and my library has ordered it, but it isn't in yet. It includes 21 sock patterns from a variety of designers. A review and a preview can be found on the Interweave site.

No comments:

Post a Comment