Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blue Hornet Socks (January KAL)

The January pattern is up.  Here is a link so that you can see what it looks like but as this is a purchased pattern you can't actually get the pattern unless you paid for it or were lucky enough to get them all free for a short period in December.  I haven't picked out my yarn for these yet. (I didn't put my yarns in bags like many of the other participants.)

The pattern designer stated "Whether you are a comic book fan or just like hanging out at The Hornet on Broadway in Denver, these socks are a quick knit will subtle texture" and I am neither.  However, I did earn my Master’s in Library Science Degree from Emporia State University in Kansas and their mascot is The Hornet. An auspicious beginning to this KAL!

The color I'd originally chosen didn't work.  The sock was also too big, but then the designer offered  it in small and that looked like it would work much better.  I frogged what I had and began again in a different color making the small sized version.  Here's a photo of the yarn.  The colorway is Kingfinger and it's from Lola Doodles on Etsy.

t'



No comments:

Post a Comment